Subject: Re: SASC 6.51 CPR question
From: [email-masked] (Doug Walker)
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 1994 12:24:37 GMT
Newsgroups: comp.sys.amiga.programmer

In article <[email-masked]>, [email-masked] (Quentin Barnes) writes:
|> >|> Sometimes I'll single-step along and enter a function (sometimes
|> >|> intentionally, sometimes not) and then I want it to continue
|> >|> execution until it returns back to the caller.
|> 
|> >"go return" or just "g r".
|> 
|> >Please read the documentation.  Honest, it's all in there.
|> 
|> When I got the docs, I read it cover to cover. I have and ran across
|> the "go return" somewhere, but I can't find it now.  When I did, the
|> description didn't seem to imply that behavior and it's not on the
|> "go" reference page (p 140 from memory, my docs are currently not
|> handy).

I apologize.  I just checked both the 6.0 and the 6.50 doc, and
apparently "go return" didn't get documented.  The closest thing
I could find was a mention of the analagous "jump return" in the
description of the "return" command.  My only excuse is that your
query looked just like hundreds of other email and news postings
that have asked questions that ARE clearly answered in the manual;
I got lazy and didn't bother to check that "go return" was actually
documented.

(I know it works, I use it frequently!)

-- 
  *****                    / [email-masked]
 *|_o_o|\\     Doug Walker<  BIX, Portal: djwalker
 *|. o.| ||                \ CompuServe: 71165,2274
  | o  |//     
  ====== 
Any opinions expressed are mine, not those of SAS Institute, Inc.